A new year means a ‘new year’ post of course. I’ve already read lots of resolution, goal & list posts and I must admit that I really enjoy reading them. I find it so interesting to see how people evaluate their lives and review them to move forward in the following year.
The last year was the first full year where I blogged from January to December. I’ve really loved every minute of it. When I started blogging, I originally thought that my blog would be based on sewing and travelling; however, i’ve found that my Sunday Sevens and monthly goals posts have added more of a broader lifestyle theme to the blog with sewing running through too. I’ve also enjoyed reviewing a few products here and there, and I do feel like I’ve only chosen things to review that I like rather than whatever is available out there.
When I look back to the start of 2015, I feel that my sewing was reasonably basic. I’m really pleased with what I’ve learnt this year and how far my sewing has progressed. It’s not by any means ‘perfect’ and and I’m not an expert, but I feel I know & can do much more than what I could this time last year!
So this year I’ve sewn:
- 2 pairs of trousers
- 16 dresses
- 8 tops
- 2 jumpsuits
- 3 pairs of shorts
- 2 skirts
- knitting needle case
- 4 pillowcases
- 2 crayon rolls
- a set of coasters
Out of the 33 garments I made in 2015, only 21 of them remain in my wardrobe today…and only 10 of those ‘wardrobe’ garments are worn regularly; mostly in the summer as they are dresses! That count now leads on to me making some goals for 2016. Last year’s goals can be found here if you’re interested! Most of this year’s goals are sewing and craft related! 🙂
- When sewing, choose fabrics and patterns that I will wear. I made a lot of items in tight knit/polyester fabrics last year which isn’t any good for the heat in Alabama! If I do choose heavier fabrics to sew with, I must make sure that the garments are suitable for wearing in winter.ie. not low cut vest tops!
- Make more items using the smaller pieces of fabric in my stash.
- Use at least half of my longer pieces of fabric from my stash before I buy ANY more fabric!
- Crochet a blanket to snuggle on the sofa with.
- Read at least 20 books – this can include graphic novels.
- Try to blog twice a week for as long as possible! Also, make sure I reply to the comments that are left on my posts!
- Eat better & exercise more 🙂
Well, that’s all that I can think of for now anyway! I’m sure as the year progresses, further goals will be set & hopefully made too. 🙂
Good luck to everyone with their goals & aims for 2016!