I am here…late to the party again…and I missed last week! Hopefully from this week on, there won’t be many late posts :-/ But I’m not making any promises! Ha!
My Aunties went back home last Wednesday and it was lovely having them over to stay with us. We did a good amount of shopping & eating! 😀
1/2. We took them to New Orleans for 2 nights. I think this was our 4th time staying in the French quarter and it really is a place I never tire of! It’s just so beautiful 🙂
3. Our hotel had a lovely pool, which was perfect for afternoon relaxing.
4. We hopped onto one of the mule drawn carriage tours. We’ve never been on one of these as we avoided it as I thought it would be too expensive…it wasn’t! Our tour ended up being around 1.5hours; it included a short cemetery tour and was only $50 per person. 🙂
5. We also went to Cafe Du Monde for the first time and tried beignets! They reminded me of the doughnuts we would get at the seaside when we were kids, only covered in icing sugar!
6. You have to be very careful when eating these as it can get messy quite quickly! I happened to make Adam laugh as I was taking the photo…just as he took a big bite…luckily he kept the sugar contained!
7. I picked these 2 prints up from a little doggy shop. Perfect for us!
8. A tour on Steamboat Natchez was also on their to do list so we enjoyed the lunch tour, complete with a Southern style buffet.
9. I forgot to post this photo in the the last Sunday Sevens post but I did want to show you my bargain outlet store shoes! The floral sandals were $10!!!! And the Vans were only $25!!!!
10. The puppies were reasonably well behaved whilst we had visitors…if you don’t count the shoe stealing & glasses case nibbling! HOWEVER, it did not take them long to conjure up trouble once my aunties had left…somehow, they managed to get an envelope of cash out of a plastic box on the dining room table :-0 I’ve still no idea how they got it! Luckily they only shredded $20…I’ve managed to rescue the other holey notes.
Sunday Sevens is a weekly blog series that YOU can join in with at any time! You can do a post every week or just when you fancy 🙂 Display 7 photographs from your week; just to let your readers know what else you get up to between those bigger blog posts. There’s even an image to grab for your sidebar!
Use the #sundaysevens tag and take a look at the Pinterest board containing all the posts. Please let me know if I’ve not posted your blog on there or if you have started posting Sunday Sevens blogs …sometimes I don’t get notified of the ping backs to my page!