As I am working my way through the Love At First Stitch book from Tilly & the Buttons, my next project was to be the Delphine skirt. The skirt is a simple a-line skirt with a certain amount of structure. I chose to use some fabric that I had found at an estate sale; very cheap as I got the full box of fabric for $5. I can’t even describe this fabric because I’m RUBBISH at recognising fabrics. All I can tell you is that it is woven, quite thick and makes my scissors fluffy!
I set out cutting the material and it worked perfectly with the small amount of fabric that I had. I just had enough interfacing left to use too. I cut a size 5 for this, despite my hip measurement being closer to a 4. I thought it would be better to match the pattern to my waist as that is where the fastening would sit. I was really impressed with how the skirt came together to start with. Overlocking was a breeze and it resembled a skirt very quickly *happy dance*. I inserted an invisible zip and it was invisible! My last attempt at inserting an invisible zip was successful as the zip looked fabulous, it just wasn’t invisible. I concentrated more this time and managed to do it using only a normal zipper foot.