The first step in production was to get the pattern and instructions printed off as this is a PDF pattern. I always prefer to have a paper copy of instructions to flick through as I’m sewing. When printing the actual pattern though, I came across my first problem. I had downloaded the file for US size letter paper. Paper in the US isn’t A4 like in the UK…crazy! Anyway, I could not get the test square to print the size it needed to be. It was either at least 0.5 cm over or 1cm under, and I tried at least 8 different printing options. I ended up just going for the setting that was the closest measurement but it was a little bigger than it needed to be.