Back in November I made a dress from my vintage stash using this pattern. It’s the Simplicity 8541 from back in 1969…I could have submitted it for the 2014 vintage pledge but I didn’t.
This was my first time using a polyester knit for a garment and it just didn’t go smoothly. I couldn’t get the collar to sit right, the pleat had disappeared and it was too tight. It was put into the cupboard and forgotten about. However, I got it out to try on earlier this week as I wanted to use the left over material for something else I had in mind. I put it on and then wondered what I had been fussing about when I made it. The collar isn’t a disaster, it’s ok and it wasn’t as tight as I remembered it being! So here I am today, blogging about it!