This dress has been on my list to make for a LONG time! I put it on my Make Nine plans for last year and just got round to sewing it up a couple of days before 2018 ended. I had always known which fabric I wanted to use for it too so that made it slightly easier to get motivated for it.
Continue reading ➞ Gertie Sews Vintage Casual – Zip Front Dress
I’m joining in with Rochelle’s #MakeNine challenge again for 2019. I really enjoyed having goals to meet last year and managed to make seven out of the nine. Having a plan to work along to really works for my organized little brain. As you can see above, I’ve chosen a mix of patterns for both Rosie & I. Last year I chose a few patterns that were PDF patterns and this year, I’ve chosen patterns from my physical stash instead. I’m really looking forward to following everyone else’s Make Nine challenges too. Let me know if you are doing the challenge and drop your link in the comments!
Continue reading ➞ 2019 Make Nine Plans
Another catch up blog post for a garment I made a few months ago! I’m having to make do with garment photos as they are as I haven’t had the time to take any photos with me wearing the garments! Ooops!
One of the dresses in my #2018MakeNine plans was the Sew Over It Eve dress. I chose this dress to make as it looks quite flattering and has a wrap bodice that would possibly work easily with nursing Rosie. For the bodice/ sleeves I used the pattern for version 1 and used the straight skirt pattern from version 2. I had a nice light cotton in my stash, which I believe was from Joanns…probably from the clearance section too. It’s a great breathable fabric for the hot weather we have over here.
Continue reading ➞ Catching Up! Sew Over It Eve Dress
Back in November I made a dress from my vintage stash using this pattern. It’s the Simplicity 8541 from back in 1969…I could have submitted it for the 2014 vintage pledge but I didn’t.
This was my first time using a polyester knit for a garment and it just didn’t go smoothly. I couldn’t get the collar to sit right, the pleat had disappeared and it was too tight. It was put into the cupboard and forgotten about. However, I got it out to try on earlier this week as I wanted to use the left over material for something else I had in mind. I put it on and then wondered what I had been fussing about when I made it. The collar isn’t a disaster, it’s ok and it wasn’t as tight as I remembered it being! So here I am today, blogging about it!
Continue reading ➞ The Dress That Almost Wasn’t Blogged About… & a Tilly Brigitte Scarf