The Ella Hepburn Combo

When the challenges were announced for June, I told myself that I would only be entering the first week’s dress challenge as I didn’t own any other Indie patterns.  Well…after completing the first challenge, I just couldn’t resist entering the separates challenge too!!  I didn’t have the time to order paper pattern so I took the plunge with ordering a couple of pdf patterns for the first time.

I’ve never been great at matching separates, especially skirts, so I wanted to stay away from making another skirt that would just sit in my wardrobe.  I quite fancied a pair of shorts in the hope that I would be able to wear them more.

I then talked myself out of taking part as the only fabrics I had in my stash were 3 yard lengths, which I had bought for dresses.  I didn’t really want to be cutting into them for smaller items and they didn’t match at all so I couldn’t really make a top with one of the fabrics and shorts with another…they just wouldn’t have looked like an outfit at all!  After spilling my dilemma to Camilla, she suggested that I made both items out of the SAME fabric (bought at $1.60 a yard from Joanns!) to have a jumpsuit effect!

So the search for patterns was back on and I headed over to Indiesew to browse their selection.  I ended up choosing the Ella Top by Liola Patterns and the Hepburn Shorts by The Pattern Emporium.

Liola Ella Top & Hepburn Short