Despite having a few lazy days in January, I feel like I’ve actually had a productive month. My goals were met with ‘mostly’ success AND I’ve also managed to work out at least 3 times each week, which wasn’t on my original plan for January!
Let’s have a look at the goals I set in January:
I FINISHED THE WESTIE CROSS STITCH! WOOOOOHOOOO!!! Now I just need to decide what to do with it. 🙂
I also finished the vintage dress, repaired the doggy car seat and attempted the crate mat covers….that still counts, right?! The only thing I didn’t manage was the quilters coasters for our living room.
Finished All The Light We Cannot See and I’m half way through The Man In The High Castle.
We worked really hard on saving money in January and I feel like we’ve made a great start to the year. We didn’t even splurge on Amazon.:-)
I managed at least 2 dog walks everyday, not three everyday but I’m happy with what I did manage with them.
I didn’t start the crochet blanket at all – the only one of my goals that I didn’t meet!
I sat down last week to review the goals that I set for myself in December and realised that even though I only set four small goals, I was probably a little ambitious given the Christmas season, my parents coming to stay, us taking a holiday & getting a new puppy! With that being said, this post is quite a short one as I didn’t really make that much progress on the goals set in December!
Goals for January:
I’m almost finished with one more colour on the Westie cross stitch! I’ve not included a photo this time around as you really can’t see the colour progress!
2. The vintage dress didn’t get finished in December so that remains on my list of makes. I also need to repair a doggy car seat, make covers for dog crate mats & make some coasters for our living room using the fabric I received in my #stitchingsanta present.
Goals, goals, goals! Here they are again! I do find that the beginning of each month comes around much quicker than expected when I have set myself goals to complete. 🙂 My goals for September were met with mixed success, mainly due to other crafty things taking up my time.
I did manage to organise my fabric stash, which I feel great about! I didn’t manage to make 4 garments but I did manage 2 pairs of trousers; not the Ultimate Trousers but the Cigarette pants from the Gertie Sews Vintage Casual book. I do have plans for other garments but I’ve just been busy with other things this month and sewing has taken a back seat.
I finished all 3 books; Wasteland, V For Vendetta & The Other Life. All of which I can recommend…even if they are a little odd!
The little Westie cross stitch had a good amount of my time this month. I haven’t done as much as I would have liked to but I’m getting there. I’m also realising that my eyesight is getting worse as I struggle to see the aida at once I haven’t got any day light. 🙁
Even though I was quite late in posting my goals for August, I feel like I made great progress with them and met the majority.
I have really started to make use of the planner I purchased – I’m even starting to decorate it and personalise it more for me. Some planner pages (search Pinterest) are crazy organised and so pretty. I’m not sure I’ll ever get there with having themed weeks but mine is definitely organised. I’m currently using it to plan meals, chores, crafting projects, sewing and blog posts. I’m officially rubbish at drinking water so I’m trying to record what I drink in the hope that it will make me realise that I’m not drinking enough. I also find it useful to write down which pen pal letters have been sent & received on certain days too.
Back at the start of June, I set myself a few goals to try and reach within the month. This was after reading a similar post from Handmade by Hannah. I actually really enjoyed having goals/ targets for the month as it spurred me on to complete things a little more than usual. So for July, I’m going to review the goals I set myself in June and set new ones for this month. 🙂 Woohoo to goal setting!
I managed to get the Samantha Hayes book finished just in time for the end of the month! Read the review here.
Two garments were created from vintage patterns. The crossover dress & a sleeveless blouse, which still needs to be blogged about! One of the patterns turned out to be a size 24 and even though I could have redrafted the pattern, I couldn’t really be bothered so I didn’t use it. This has made me want to recycle some of my vintage patterns; the ones that I know I won’t be using due to size. If you fancy any of the ones below, let me know and I can post them out … Sharing is caring 🙂