I sat down last week to review the goals that I set for myself in December and realised that even though I only set four small goals, I was probably a little ambitious given the Christmas season, my parents coming to stay, us taking a holiday & getting a new puppy! With that being said, this post is quite a short one as I didn’t really make that much progress on the goals set in December!
Goals for January:
- I’m almost finished with one more colour on the Westie cross stitch! I’ve not included a photo this time around as you really can’t see the colour progress!
2. The vintage dress didn’t get finished in December so that remains on my list of makes. I also need to repair a doggy car seat, make covers for dog crate mats & make some coasters for our living room using the fabric I received in my #stitchingsanta present.
3. I’m really close to finishing All The Light We Cannot See! I really recommend it too; I love the way it is written! has anyone else read it yet?
I didn’t get to start The Kite Runner so I’m swapping that out to read The Man In The High Castle instead – a book we will be discussing at the end of January in my book club.
4. Save money & buy smartly. This is a goal for the year really but we want to make a good start with it during January. One of the main costs that I want to cut is buying groceries- I want to make a good effort to actually use what we already have in our cupboards before I buy any more food. We also need to work on resisting the urge to ‘happy click’ on Amazon…over the last few months, we have bought an unbelievable amount of stuff through Amazon. A lot of it was for Christmas but we also ordered a lot of stuff that I would class as luxury items, and those small luxury items soon add up to an amount I wished we hadn’t spent!
5. Walk the dogs 3 times each day! We’ve bought a splitter lead in the hope that they will walk next to each other nicely…let’s just say we are getting there slowly!
6. Begin to crochet my snuggle blanket. 🙂 I’m thinking of just a basic pattern; probably something like this one from Kristine In Between.
See you in February! Hopefully I will have made more progress this month with my new burst of motivation 😀