*face palm* I was given this maternity/nursing pattern quite a while ago but only got round to making it when I was in the final stages of nursing. BUT I do feel like this is one of those patterns that would be absolutely fine to wear if you aren’t pregnant and if you aren’t nursing!
The Lily top is one of the maternity patterns from Sew Over It London and you may remember that I made another one of their maternity pattens early last year. I’ll be honest and say that I was quite anxious to make this one as I didn’t love the fit of the Blossom dress that I had made. I went with a size 10 for this top as the finished garment measurement showed quite a lot of ease and I didn’t want it to be too loose on me.
Continue reading “Sew Over It Lily Top”
Another catch up blog post for a garment I made a few months ago! I’m having to make do with garment photos as they are as I haven’t had the time to take any photos with me wearing the garments! Ooops!
One of the dresses in my #2018MakeNine plans was the Sew Over It Eve dress. I chose this dress to make as it looks quite flattering and has a wrap bodice that would possibly work easily with nursing Rosie. For the bodice/ sleeves I used the pattern for version 1 and used the straight skirt pattern from version 2. I had a nice light cotton in my stash, which I believe was from Joanns…probably from the clearance section too. It’s a great breathable fabric for the hot weather we have over here.
Continue reading “Catching Up! Sew Over It Eve Dress”
At the start of 2018, I joined in with the #2018makenine challenge for the first time. I tried to include a variety of makes and a little something for everyone in the house. I also wanted to make sure that I picked my projects from a variety of sources; paper patterns, pattern books, PDFs & free online patterns.
Continue reading “2018 Make Nine Round Up”
The Sew Over It Blossom pattern was gifted to me recently by Camilla and I knew that I wanted to include it in my #2018MakeNine plans.
The first step in production was to get the pattern and instructions printed off as this is a PDF pattern. I always prefer to have a paper copy of instructions to flick through as I’m sewing. When printing the actual pattern though, I came across my first problem. I had downloaded the file for US size letter paper. Paper in the US isn’t A4 like in the UK…crazy! Anyway, I could not get the test square to print the size it needed to be. It was either at least 0.5 cm over or 1cm under, and I tried at least 8 different printing options. I ended up just going for the setting that was the closest measurement but it was a little bigger than it needed to be.
Continue reading “Sew Over It Blossom Dress”