As I was browsing the Fabrciworm sale, I came across this adorable dusky blue lion fabric by Camelot Fabrics and knew that I had to buy some. Luckily, when I’m making clothes for Rosie, they only require about a yard of fabric so I purchased a yard and got to having a think about what I would make with it.
This dress has been on my list to make for a LONG time! I put it on my Make Nine plans for last year and just got round to sewing it up a couple of days before 2018 ended. I had always known which fabric I wanted to use for it too so that made it slightly easier to get motivated for it.
*face palm* I was given this maternity/nursing pattern quite a while ago but only got round to making it when I was in the final stages of nursing. BUT I do feel like this is one of those patterns that would be absolutely fine to wear if you aren’t pregnant and if you aren’t nursing!
The Lily top is one of the maternity patterns from Sew Over It London and you may remember that I made another one of their maternity pattens early last year. I’ll be honest and say that I was quite anxious to make this one as I didn’t love the fit of the Blossom dress that I had made. I went with a size 10 for this top as the finished garment measurement showed quite a lot of ease and I didn’t want it to be too loose on me.
A little while ago, Oliver + S were having some kind of sale where you could buy 10 of their printed patterns for $50. I stocked up on some that would be good for Rosie now and for another few years too. I’d never actually had any of their patterns until I received my order but the first thing that I was impressed by was the quality of the pattern. These are just lovely envelopes. Some of them even have little paper dolls for illustrations which are just the cutest ever.
I had a really hard time deciding on which version of this Colette Wren dress to make. I love anything without sleeves so version 1 appealed to me the most. However, after reading a few reviews, I realized that the skirt might not be so flattering on my tummy. The gathered skirt on version 2 looks lovely and flattering though so I decided to combine the two and use the bodice of version 1 with the skirt of version 2.
Camilla, over at Making & Marking, had sent me a few children’s patterns to have a go at sewing up for Rosie. One of them was the Simplicity 2461 dress. The pattern comes with quite a few cute dress styles and there are layering options too. I chose to make View B and actually managed to choose some fabric from my stash that was quite similar to the main dress on the front of the pattern. I’m hoping that I can get some nice white seersucker to make the layered piece at some point too.