Well, it has been an odd week for me! Somehow I managed to properly lose a day…obviously I did things every day which I can remember but it got to Wednesday and Adam told me that it was Thursday! I was very confused :-0 Despite thinking that I had lost a day, I had another productive week.
1. I had a trip to my local fabric store. It’s closer than Joann’s and I think it’s a smaller chain store. All cotton between $5 and $10 had 40% off, plus they had discounts on their bolt ends. I bought quite a bit but it was all under $4 per yard.
2. I went on a cutting spree again and this was part of the first make of the week.
3. Followed by this, which I was going to submit as part of the ‘New To Me’ week but I’m not that pleased with the outcome. It will still be blogged about later this week though.
4. Somehow we ended up having a cat around our apartment for Wednesday night & most of Thursday. It kept scratching at our door to come in but this wasn’t really an option! 😀 I rang the office to see if they recognised it as it didn’t have a collar but no-one had ever seen it before. I haven’t seen it since so I’m presuming it has gone back to its real home.
5. The third make of the week was a little trickier than expected, even though it is just a top! I’m hoping to finish the arm facings after I’ve done this blog post.
6. Maisy took advantage of someone being generous.
7. We had a short walk around some of the local trails. After reading this sign, I was scared to death of every sound I heard! In addition to watching for snakes and alligators, we also had to be careful of these HUGE spiders that had made webs between the trees. :-0 We then returned home to find a paper wasp nest & 2 mud dauber wasp nests on our porch… & a big cockroach in the hall. I am yet to see a nice insect in Alabama!!
In other news (no photo for this one!) our 2 year visa extension was approved and my work authorisation card came! I can finally stop worrying…for now anyway! I’ve still not decided what I want to do for work though
If you are here for the first time… I’m going to give you the low down on the Sunday Sevens blog series. Each week, we do things that don’t necessarily warrant a full blog post. You may have made a nice meal, grabbed some bargains on a shopping trip, had a family day out, spotted some beautiful scenery or just done something you feel you want to share. A Sunday Sevens blog post is the place to share those things. You take 7 images from your week and post them every Sunday with a small description. Tag your post using #sundaysevens on your blog and social media. I also pin the posts onto the Sunday Sevens Pinterest Board.
7 thoughts on “Sunday Sevens #41”
Love the photo of Maisy watching the cat! Any photo with Maisy in is always a winner. Are you going to work now the papers have come through? You wouldn’t have time for sewing 😳 if it were me I’d try and get a job in the fabric shop, or I’d love to start up a sewing café. 😃
She was cute watching it but the cat did not like her at all!!
I think I will work but I’m waiting for the right thing to come up…I want to do something that I’m really going to enjoy! Also trying to look into self-employment but it seems to be even more complicated than in the UK! Watch this space!!
Ooh – I am looking forward to hearing about the ups and downs of this week’s makes! Alabama wildlife sounds interesting – have you seen any snakes yet?
Southern bugs are the worst (I joke with my son that we live in a jungle climate)!! When I moved to the south I could not believe how many insects, snakes, and creepy crawlers were abound….I still have not gotten used to them.
I never really minded bugs in the UK but everything over here seems giant! Just after writing this blog we found a lizard thing in our apartment!!! 😫
I hear ya on the Southern bug thing–yikes! When I lived in Florida, my cat used to catch little green lizards for me. 😛 It always felt to me like I was living in a Tarzan movie, especially with all the kudzu that would swallow up whole cars if you didn’t keep hacking it back (I found out later that they filmed the old Johnny Weismuller Tarzan movies in Florida).
Congrats on your visa extension and work authorization. Best of luck finding something you’ll love to do (and leave you some time for sewing!)
Ahhh look at all that fabric! Lovely!