Do you ever have one of those weeks where you look back and realise that you haven’t really done much? Yep I’ve had one of those weeks! I haven’t managed any sewing this week and probably won’t until later into this week too! I had a couple of ‘lazy’ days on the sofa too so didn’t photograph those! Ha!
1. We went for our morning walk over in Fairhope. I also took photos of a recent make…here’s a preview!
2. I received my very first pocket letter from a penpal! I love it! Each pocket contains different goodies 🙂
3. I then received a package from my Mum! If you read Camilla’s blog, you will have seen this fabric before. I had my Mum nip to the same market to grab me some. She sent some buttons and a stitching book too – thanks Mum!
4. I had an eventful afternoon when we had a very windy storm. The wind was blowing through the walkway between our apartments, which it doesn’t normally do. This meant that the torrential rain was blowing into the walkway…it flooded and came through our door! All of my towels were used in the mop up and I’m now keeping some on stand by!
5. I bought myself some new sandals in the sale. I’ve had 2 pairs that I’ve lived in for most of the time we have been in the US and they have just about given up on me! New ones were definitely needed!
6. Another trip to Fairhope! The park was empty because it was so hot but we stayed in the shade and enjoyed the peace and quiet.
7. A lovely pork loin for Sunday dinner 🙂 Yum!
Sunday Sevens is a weekly blog series that YOU can join in with at any time! You can do a post every week or just when you fancy 🙂 Display 7 photographs from your week; just to let your readers know what else you get up to between those bigger blog posts. There’s even an image to grab for your sidebar!
Use the #sundaysevens tag and take a look at the Pinterest board containing all the posts. Please let me know if I’ve not posted your blog on there or if you have started posting Sunday Sevens blogs …sometimes I don’t get notified of the ping backs to my page!
15 thoughts on “Sunday Sevens #45”
Sure those afternoons on the sofa have done you good! We all need some downtime now and then 🙂
Yes they did! Sometimes I feel bad for being unproductive but I think of them as ‘recharging’ days!
Well, despite your ‘lazy’ week, you’ve still got some interesting photos to show us – nice of your mum to send you a book with the fabric:)
Yes it was very nice of her! She had seen it and thought of me – it has some really nice projects in too 🙂
You had a full week — loving the sandals.
Thanks! They are so comfy!
Such a cute picture of you and Maisy! Lazy summer days on the couch are so nice now and then, aren’t they?
Thanks, I think it’s one of my favourite photos of us 🙂 Lazy days are always needed…nice to be in the air con when it’s so hot out!
Can’t wait to see what you make with the feathered fabric! The storms sound terrible – hope you are over the worst of it now!
I’m still not sure what to make with it yet! I have a couple of ideas though 🙂 The rain was the worst I’ve seen it for a while so hopefully we won’t have more for a while!
That park looks beautiful. You are lucky to have it near by, I love your new sandals. Very cute! I used to live in an area where if the rain and wind got out of control it would flood under the front door. Not fun! Didn’t you just purchase a carpet shampooer? They are great for sucking up all that invasive rainwater.
I do like having it close to us, I like sitting on the benches and taking the world in! I never even thought of using the carpet shampooer but that is a great idea!! genius idea in fact!! THANK YOU!!! Next time I will next be using my towels! Ha!
Sounds like a lovely week! Maybe less busy than other weeks, but definitely not lazy 🙂 Everyone needs to slow down a bit now and then.
That’s a good though…a slow week rather than a lazy one! Doesn’t sound half as bad does it?!
Not so lazy, what with cooking and cleaning and dog walking…we all need a bit of downtime to recharge! Nice pictures.