This may be one of those posts that I meant to write 2 weeks ago and then forgot about it completely! Whoops! This Butterick pattern was one of the ones I bought in a recent sale where all Butterick patterns were $3. I’ve never really worn a jumpsuit before so I was quite looking forward to making this one. I chose view B, the version with the shorts.
I had picked up a light cotton lawn for $5 a yard. I knew that whatever garment I made with this would be lovely to wear and cool too. It really is light…and possibly a little see through! :-0
I’ve not got too much to say about this make as it was an easy one and very straightforward. A new technique for me was making the elastic casing from the seam allowance where the top and bottom parts joined together. A good use of the seam allowance I thought. I did need to finish a few of the innards with an overlock stitch to avoid fraying but I do try to do this on everything now, when I can’t use French seams of course!
It is the comfiest item of clothing to wear EVER!!! Very light, very cool & very comfy! I am a tiny bit conscious of the see through sleeves but I have been told that it isn’t see through on the body. :-0 This is definitely going to the ‘make again’ list and I think I will even try the dress version too.