Whoops! Sunday went by much quicker than expected and I didn’t get the chance to post! Monday sevens is just as good though 🙂
1. We had some ripe bananas so I whipped up a batch of banana choc chip muffins. They were gorgeous!
2. We used our bbq for the first time in the US! This week we’ve had steaks, chicken kebabs & hot dogs.
3. I finished a make that I can’t fully share until the recipient gets the parcel in the UK – this goes with the quilted piece from last week.
4. A few storms meant Maisy was extra cuddly and had to be as close to me as possible.
5. We also brought the chairs in from outside during said storms and they provide the perfect platform for puppy guard dog duties. We’ve actually decided to put these chairs back int he garage as I’m worried about them getting too water damaged in the rain. We think fabric camping chairs will be better and easier to put away quickly.
6. A few more antiques stores were visited and Adam bought a bow -not the one in the picture but he bet me that I couldn’t pull this one back! Ha…obviously I had to prove him wrong!
7. I bought a couple of bedspreads (in the sale!) and my favourite one has gone straight onto our bed. I find it strange that quilts & quilt covers aren’t a thing around here. I approve though as this makes changing the bedding super easy!
Use the #sundaysevens tag and take a look at the Pinterest board containing all the posts. Please let me know if I’ve not posted your blog on there or if you have started posting Sunday Sevens blogs …sometimes I don’t get notified of the ping backs to my page!
19 thoughts on “Sunday (Monday!) Sevens #47”
Really pretty bedding, that baking looks delicious and I still love Maisy!
Thank you! I’m hoping to make some cushion covers/ pillowcases to go with the bedding if I can find some co-ordinating fabric 🙂
Although we use a duvet at home, I do actually prefer sheets and blankets. More traditional somehow and definitely prettier on the bed. I bet your ‘new’ find looks lovely on your bed.
I’ve always had a duvet so this has taken some getting used to but I love the way it looks – quite quaint & traditional 🙂
The muffins look so relish! I love the pattern of the new quilt!
Thank you 🙂
Your bed spread is gorgeous! I remember having one when I was little, not as pretty as yours, and loads of proper heavy blankets in the window! Don’t think you’ll be needing the blankets yet over there 😀
No – no blankets yet as we will still have the air con on during the night…it gets soon warm! I’m actually looking forward to winter 🙂
Love your new bedspread–so pretty! I kind of wonder if bedspreads aren’t more of a Southern thing . . . comforters seem to be the thing around here, but it’s colder here in the winter, I suspect. Sorry to hear Maisy was scared by the storm, but glad she’s got you to make her feel safe. 🙂
Thank you! I do smile every time I walk into the bedroom as it makes it feel very homely. Maisy only seemed to be bothered by that one storm; we had plenty more this week and she has been fine!
Mmm nice muffins 🙂 is Adam going to use his bow?!
The muffins were gorgeous and I will certainly be making them again! I think Adam will use it for target shooting in a friend’s garden but I don’t think he would be able to go through with hunting anything, which I’m glad about!. I don’t really he will end up using it at all really though as it’s been in the cupboard since he bought it! Ha!
A nice, busy week for you! That bedspread really is pretty, you look quite at home with that bow, and I am having serious dog envy right now.
It was a busy week and quite productive in many ways! You should see Maisy this week – her fur seems to be super fluffy all of a sudden…almost time for a trim! 🙂
Pretty bedding. Love Maisy – please give her a hug from me.
Thank you – Maisy enjoyed her hug 🙂
Found out about Sunday Sevens from Teresa at Navy Blue Threads, so I’ve decided to join in (I am a rubbish blogger)…. Those muffins look delicious and Maisy is so very cute!!
That’s great news! I’m looking forward to reading your post. I do think Sunday Sevens is an easy-ish blog post and keeps you motivated throughout the week 🙂 Good Luck!