Welcome to my 81st Sunday Sevens! Thank you to all of you who take the time to join in with Sunday Sevens 🙂 It’s great to read all the posts, and we still have new people having a go each week! I’ve had quite a hectic week here in Alabama so it’s been nice to have a relaxing weekend. The rain has meant that we haven’t ventured far but we’ve still managed to get a lot done. I do like weekends, especially when I’ve been productive!
1. Last weekend we headed to our local outlet mall. I bought 2 pairs of Clark’s shoes for work in the hope of having pain free feet…I ended up taking one pair back as they started to hurt in the house, kept the flats though! I also found a bargain of a bag in Levis…$8!! All of their accessories were half price, even the ones that had already been reduced. A cotton dress (GAP) also made its way home with us!
2. Our apartment carpet had started to disintegrate in in the hallway, so after moaning to the office staff a few times, we got them replaced with laminate. They also replaced our bathroom and entrance floors as they wanted it all to match. 🙂 It makes the apartment look sooooo much better!
3. I bit the bullet and had a go at grooming the dogs myself! I don’t mind taking them to the groomers as they do an amazing job but it does get quite expensive. Our Westies only have a rough trim so it was quite easy to do – I don’t think I would be able to do a nice show cut on them though! I tried to get a nice photo of them to show off their new ‘do’ but they weren’t having any of it!
4. I had a lovely Easter parcel from my Mum & Dad, containing lovely Easter treats. I had mini eggs & tea for breakfast a couple of times this week! And I compared the UK & US mini eggs… the ones from the UK were much nicer, but the US ones do make a good chocolate fix!
5. Over the last week, I’ve been collecting our post and just dumping it onto my desk. I need to get it sorted this week!
6. Even though we had a few rainy days, it has been quite nice in the evenings. We grilled twice this week!
7. We also played a Monopoly game that I bought Adam for Christmas. I love Monopoly!
Sunday Sevens is a weekly blog series that YOU can join in with at any time! You can do a post every week or just when you fancy 🙂 Display 7 photographs from your week; just to let your readers know what else you get up to between those bigger blog posts. There’s even an image to grab for your sidebar!
Use the #sundaysevens tag and take a look at the Pinterest board containing all the posts. Please let me know if I’ve not posted your blog on there or if you have started posting Sunday Sevens blogs …sometimes I don’t get notified of the ping backs to my page!
17 thoughts on “Sunday Sevens #81”
Comfy shoes that are also cute is the eternal quest, isn’t it? Glad you found one pair at least and congrats on getting that super-cute bag on such a deal! Love the new flooring as well–such a nice look.
I don’t think you can go wrong with Clarks shoes – I’m currently on the look out for new ones for work, and a bag! Funny how everything wears out at once. The flooring looks great! Do the dogs skate around on it?!
Love that even though you’ve had some bad weather, you’ve still been able to barbecue – we’re waking up to a rainy bank holiday Monday here ☔️
Did you know there’s 20% online over Easter? Voucher code is bunny 😃
Ooh I will check it out, thanks Ali 👍🏻
What a fabulous shopping haul and at bargain prices, well done. The Westies look super cute, very smart and trim for the up coming warmer weather.
Your flooring looks amazing and it will be so much easier to keep clean than carpet.
I love monopoly on a rainy day, we had one of those personalised ones made for my mum for her 60th and she love it. I’ve ordered 3 pairs of Clarks this week as they were 20% off, I’m hoping mine are going to be comfy too 😃
Great week. Too bad about all the rain. As they say. “April showers bring May flowers”….well, never mind. At least you were able to get some grilling in. You did a fabulous job grooming your dogs. I have been grooming my dog for years. (He is ready for a Spring cut now) Not only is the groomer expensive but, it stressed him way too much. He is awfully neurotic thou.
What a wonderful week.
The dogs trims look good. I trim Mr Hicks myself – not perfect but the errors blend in, and you’re right, it is expensive. The laminate looks lovely and much better than carpet when you have dogs about.
Great shopping purchases! I’ve said this twice, but I’ll say it again: Maisy and Buzz 😍😍😍 are sooo adorable. I also adore Monopoly, but I stink at it 😊
I’m a huge Clark’s fan – can’t beat them for comfort. I haven’t attempted trimming the dogs myself yet, but they look lovely when they’ve been done. No carpets downstairs in our house – dogs and kids mean hard floors are the only option!
Lovely week – thank you for sharing! Clarks are my favourite shoes, too, but often can’t locate them, so you’re lucky. Congratulations on getting that carpet replaced! And do let me know about those crumpets. (wink!)
Monopoly brings back so many memories of my brother and I arguing! He was so competitive (ended up being an accountant so that figures). I still refuse to play, even with my own kids! Whoops, clearly scarred for life! Surprised you managed to find a pair of Clark’s shoes that weren’t comfy, at least one pair worked well. They’re the only shoes I wear for work, nothing else comes close 🙂
Looks like you had a busy week! there is nothing more wonderful than comfy shoes!
Love your new flooring – it looks great! I’m with you on the monopoly and mini eggs too – you can’t beat them 😀
Nice week you’ve had! Grilling out, new sleek flooring, chocolates from the UK, comfy shoes (what could be better), Monopoly and nicely trimmed doggies. And I’m thinking I love the mug your tea is in…is it an owl?