So this week I tried hard with remembering to take photos but I’m not uploading on a Sunday! Maybe next week I’ll get both done 🙂
1. The weather is something that I still can’t get used to here in Alabama. This week we’ve had rain, thunderstorms, wind, hail & gorgeous sunshine! Whenever it is windy, everything gets ‘pollened’. I took this picture outside of our apartment from the inside of our truck, which is supposed to be black!
2. I realised that our clean laundry pile was getting out of hand, so I started to fold & put everything away. *yawn* In doing so I came across some pyjamas that I had bought a few weeks ago in the sale….just look at these! I’m sure these are the ones that Abi has got too 🙂
3. On Tuesday evening, we headed across to New Orleans for an 8am biometrics appointment Wednesday morning! In order to process our Green Cards, our ID needed to be confirmed and our fingerprints had to be recorded. I know that it will all be worth it in the end but I was quite annoyed that our local office was 2.5hrs away, and the appointment was only 15 minutes long. Anyway…this was the only photo I managed to take of the city!
4. While we were in New Orleans, the pups went to doggy daycare. They were unbelievably tired the day after we picked them up…my morning hardly ever looks like this these days! I stayed on the sofa for an extra hour just so that I didn’t wake them up!
5. Instructions were left for Adam to make dinner one night as I was finishing late at work. This is my chilli recipe and is one of our favourite meals. We have it lots of different ways…with rice, over nachos, in tacos or soft tortillas. 🙂
6. I’m trying to find a nice lipstick that doesn’t cost more than $15. I like a lip colour that stays nicely on my lips for several hours, and I have already found a couple of nice ones…but they cost more than $20 each and I just can’t justify spending that when I want an array of colours! I had some coupons so bought these three (all under $12) on Friday; Burt’s Bees, Maybelline New York & L’oreal Paris. I may do a separate blog post at some point to let you know if I find one I’m happy with. 🙂
7. And finally, weekend breakfast toast.
Sunday Sevens is a weekly blog series that YOU can join in with at any time! You can do a post every week or just when you fancy 🙂 Display 7 photographs from your week; just to let your readers know what else you get up to between those bigger blog posts. There’s even an image to grab for your sidebar!
Use the #sundaysevens tag and take a look at the Pinterest board containing all the posts. Please let me know if I’ve not posted your blog on there or if you have started posting Sunday Sevens blogs …sometimes I don’t get notified of the ping backs to my page!
16 thoughts on “Sunday Sevens #82”
Hello, Lovely! We’re getting the same wild weather up here, and the same pollen (the yellow powder) on cars. Are there a lot of pine trees around you? There are here. Much of the yellow is from them.
If you watch weather patterns, which the weather people here focus on, you can see how weather in the US generally travels from West to East, and will pick up intensity as it crosses Central states.
If there were mountains there, instead of along the West & East Coasts, they would help dissipate storm energies. Unfortunately, you, and I to a lesser degree, are in the path of weather systems that have picked up intensity crossing the country.
There are other weather patterns, obviously, but this might be the one concerning Alabama’s storms last week.
Hello! The weather is crazy isn’t it! We don’t have pine trees (I don’t think anyway!) but we do have some other type of tree…I’ll take a photo for next weeks post. 🙂 I’m glad that this week we’ve actually had a full week without any thunder! Hope the weather has been ok for you too 🙂
Weather’s not been too bad up here, On news, saw a large dust storm somewhere in Alabama & hope it wasn’t your area! Hope whatever trees have been pollinating in your area stop soon! Have you seen any World Market stores in your area? People might call them Pier 1 or Cost Plus (old names). If you can locate one, they should have good international food sections, and you’ll recognize a lot of things.😉
Oh my goodness, all that pollen, I pity anyone who has hay fever. The dogs look so tired, I love it when they have been really active and then just sleep, nothing disturbs them.
Glad you got your visas sorted out. I had a similar issue when I needed to replace my passport with almost no notice, I had to drive 3 hours to the closest passport office and had a 10 minute appointment.
I know! The pollen is ridiculous! I had hay fever everyday when I lived in the UK but I think this stuff is different as I haven’t suffered at all this year. 🙂
We’ve been trying to tire the dogs out a little more this week too and they’ve already had too great lie-ins!
Isn’t it frustrating when you have to drive all that way for a short appointment…especially when it’s for things that are essential.
Hope you’ve had a good week!
Those PJs look amazing! It still amuses me that you leave lists/specific instructions for Adam 😂 How did the chilli turn out? Look forward to hearing how you get on with the lipsticks 💋
I would have bought you a pair but they only had one pair in the shop! I’ll keep a look out though 🙂 Haha, Adam still gets instructions as he is still very forgetful. I didn’t write him any instructions for tonights cottage pie and he ended up getting a little confused! The chilli was tasty though! And with the lipsticks, the Burt’s Bees one is my favourite as of yet but I might still change my mind!
I hope that you haven’t developed an allergic reaction to the pollen yet. I say yet because eventually you probably will. Everything here is covered in yellow as well. I love to open my windows and let the fresh air clean out all the old, closed up winter air BUT, the pollen that settles on everything is really creating a problem. Housekeeping wise and allergy wise. Hang in there it shouldn’t last too much longer. Then it will become miserably hot! Your pups seemed to enjoy there mini vacation at the doggy daycare.
Pollinated cars! Awesome! What an interesting week, your doggies look so adorable! Love the PJ’s!
I have the opposite problem, I take lots of pictures – just run out of time to blog about them!
The pollinated everything does make me laugh! I suppose it’s much better than everything being covered in snow 🙂 The dogs are adorable…most of the time!
I run out of time to blog too…I have quite a few unfinished posts that I need to make the time for
Fab pj bottoms! Good luck with the lipstick hunt…
Thanks, they are soooo comfy too! Do you have any lippy recommendations for me??
Did you get to do anything fun in New Orleans while you were there? I always regretted not getting over there for a vacation when I lived in Tallahassee. Love your PJs!
We didn’t do anything this time apart from stop in a nice hotel! Adam ended up getting calls from work so we headed back to Alabama once we had finished with our appointment 😦 We’ve been a couple of times before though and we do love it there! We are going again in a couple of weeks for a 3 day break 😀
I love chilli too. I use lamb mince but will give turkey mince a go, I’ve not cooked with it before. 😀
I think it’s one of the things that I could happily eat every week! I like turkey mince as it’s generally cheaper & more lean than the same portion of beef, tastes good too! 🙂