It’s Sunday Sevens again!…Only this week I’m combining a few pictures from the last couple of weeks as I completely forgot to write the post last Sunday, and by the time I remembered it was Thursday already! I hope everyone else has had a good couple of weeks, and a great Mothers’ Day back in the UK! I feel like we have been non-stop at the moment so here’s a catch up from my last two weeks. 🙂
1. We were on Tornado watch for an afternoon as a bad storm passed through. Luckily we didn’t really see any of it but the city was preparing for the worst, which I’ve never seen happen before. Schools and shops closed early, and the list of evacuation centres was provided. It got a little eery and windy, and we had a lot of rain! A few local cities were affected though 😦 The damage in Pensacola was quite bad!
2. I tried a different grocery store out for our ‘big shop’ and was VERY pleased to find my second favourite biscuits in the world for an amazing price! They also had bourbons but they were quite expensive and the packet only had 12 in!
3. Maisy has taken to giving me the evils from the bedroom door whenever I dry my hair! She really doesn’t like the hairdryer!
4. Last weekend we made the 5 hour drive up to Atlanta to watch the Supercross. We got there at a reasonable time so we went in the arena to watch the practise sessions too. 🙂
5. On our way back we saw this at a gas station…yes, that is a dog with a helmet on the back of a motorbike!
6. We had also decided to head to the Ikea in Atlanta whilst we were in the city to get a few bits that we needed. I almost ordered online but the shipping charges were ridiculous! One of my main purchases was the utility cart for my sewing station. It holds the sewing machine, my sewing basket and any WIPs I’m working on.
7. The dogs went into daycare/boarding whilst we were away and they were sooooo tired when they got home! They even slept in the basket together when it came to bedtime – this never happens!
8. We’ve managed almost a year without a tumble dryer in the apartment but I’ve recently noticed that it smells damp whenever I have clothes out on the airers, so we bought one! We do have perfect weather to dry clothes outside but our apartment complex doesn’t allow clothes to be dried on porches/ balconies. We are also facing the main road through the complex so I don’t think I would want everyone seeing my knickers as they drove past either!
9. And finally, I made 12 turtle shells towards the end of this week for the boys to wear at a friend’s son’s Ninja Turtle party!
Sunday Sevens is a weekly blog series that YOU can join in with at any time! You can do a post every week or just when you fancy 🙂 Display 7 photographs from your week; just to let your readers know what else you get up to between those bigger blog posts. There’s even an image to grab for your sidebar!
Use the #sundaysevens tag and take a look at the Pinterest board containing all the posts. Please let me know if I’ve not posted your blog on there or if you have started posting Sunday Sevens blogs …sometimes I don’t get notified of the ping backs to my page!