It’s Sunday Sevens again!…Only this week I’m combining a few pictures from the last couple of weeks as I completely forgot to write the post last Sunday, and by the time I remembered it was Thursday already! I hope everyone else has had a good couple of weeks, and a great Mothers’ Day back in the UK! I feel like we have been non-stop at the moment so here’s a catch up from my last two weeks. 🙂
1. We were on Tornado watch for an afternoon as a bad storm passed through. Luckily we didn’t really see any of it but the city was preparing for the worst, which I’ve never seen happen before. Schools and shops closed early, and the list of evacuation centres was provided. It got a little eery and windy, and we had a lot of rain! A few local cities were affected though 😦 The damage in Pensacola was quite bad!
2. I tried a different grocery store out for our ‘big shop’ and was VERY pleased to find my second favourite biscuits in the world for an amazing price! They also had bourbons but they were quite expensive and the packet only had 12 in!
3. Maisy has taken to giving me the evils from the bedroom door whenever I dry my hair! She really doesn’t like the hairdryer!
4. Last weekend we made the 5 hour drive up to Atlanta to watch the Supercross. We got there at a reasonable time so we went in the arena to watch the practise sessions too. 🙂
5. On our way back we saw this at a gas station…yes, that is a dog with a helmet on the back of a motorbike!
6. We had also decided to head to the Ikea in Atlanta whilst we were in the city to get a few bits that we needed. I almost ordered online but the shipping charges were ridiculous! One of my main purchases was the utility cart for my sewing station. It holds the sewing machine, my sewing basket and any WIPs I’m working on.
7. The dogs went into daycare/boarding whilst we were away and they were sooooo tired when they got home! They even slept in the basket together when it came to bedtime – this never happens!
8. We’ve managed almost a year without a tumble dryer in the apartment but I’ve recently noticed that it smells damp whenever I have clothes out on the airers, so we bought one! We do have perfect weather to dry clothes outside but our apartment complex doesn’t allow clothes to be dried on porches/ balconies. We are also facing the main road through the complex so I don’t think I would want everyone seeing my knickers as they drove past either!
9. And finally, I made 12 turtle shells towards the end of this week for the boys to wear at a friend’s son’s Ninja Turtle party!
Sunday Sevens is a weekly blog series that YOU can join in with at any time! You can do a post every week or just when you fancy 🙂 Display 7 photographs from your week; just to let your readers know what else you get up to between those bigger blog posts. There’s even an image to grab for your sidebar!
Use the #sundaysevens tag and take a look at the Pinterest board containing all the posts. Please let me know if I’ve not posted your blog on there or if you have started posting Sunday Sevens blogs …sometimes I don’t get notified of the ping backs to my page!
18 thoughts on “Sunday Sevens Catchup #77 #78”
Your two pups sharing the bed is so cute. They are adorable. I guess they became to rely on each other after they were at the daycare/boarding while you were away. I love your Ikea cart. I am about 2 1/2 hours from an Ikea. I want to go but, I tend to over shop as I don’t make the trip often enough. They have such great finds and very useful items.
It’s funny you should say that about Ikea because we definitely over shopped! I do feel that everything that we bought was useful though!
That’s a cute pic of the dogs together. And look at that pooch wearing a crash helmet. Better safe than sorry I suppaws…;) You asked after Hugo. He is doing well but really needs to use up all that pent up energy. Lead only exercise he is not impressed with. Stitches should be out on Thursday thank goodness! Are you moving to Atlanta? I joined in with Sunday Sevens this week. X
I’m glad you managed to join in this week 🙂 We aren’t moving to Atlanta, we just headed up to watch the Supercross racing…it was the closest one to us! Glad to hear Hugo is getting better!
Looks like you had a good week. And yay for digestives and ikea trips, I’m not sure how I would cope with out either of those things…
Haha! I’m so glad that I found the biscuits & I think Ikea may have to be a annual excursion 🙂
That extreme weather does sound scary! Things are getting more and more extreme over here, but nowhere near US standards still… How’s the job going?
Yes I was pretty scared about the weather! The job is going great thank you! My brain definitely feels more worked now 🙂
The weather has been interesting, hasn’t it? Glad you were spared. Two cute pups in a basket, so adorable. Your little sewing cart is a great idea (so organized). I hope we’ll see all those little boys in their turtle suits! Great pics.
It certainly has been interesting! I’m loving that once I’ve done with sewing, I can just wheel the cart back into the spare room and not leave everything looking messy in our living area 🙂
The dog on the bikes ace! Good to see your two cosying up together! And happy new tumbler – I’d be lost without mine and we can peg out. Just not got the weather. The 5 hour drive us a shocker – you must be settling in properly now as that’d be a long way to go on a weekend if you were back home 😀
I know, I was alarmed at driving for 5 hours but it just seems so close in comparison to how big the rest of the USA is! I am LOVING the dryer! It also means that I won’t have to iron as much 😉
Your week away sounds wonderful, thank goodness you missed the storm. A tumble dryer is a godsend isn’t it? Especially in the winter. My dog hates the hair dryer as well, he will bite it given the chance so I have to dry my hair behind closed doors.
It is a godsend, and it has a wrinkle free setting which is amazing! Maisy just stares at the hairdryer, but Buzz will try to bite it if he is given the chance! Strange dogs!
Good for you for getting that dryer! Afraid we’re just not allowed to peg out over here unless we’re way out in the country. Saw your photo last night & had to go have a digestive meself! Yummy! Your Ikea cart looks wonderful. Wish there was a store closer . . . on second thought, maybe not. 😉
So glad you dodged the bad weather! 🙂
Demonstrating my usual disorganisation, I’m only a week behind commenting on youR SS. Sounds like a fab trip away. Love your IKEA trolley for all of your WIPs etc – are you enjoying using it? Wilfie is VERY scared of the hairdryer but both dogs have total hatred of the vacuum cleaner, luckily they don’t see it often 😂