Well, my first week of March has been just great 🙂
1) Everything is signed and has been sent back to the UK! We are now keeping our fingers crossed for a quick completion!
2) So…… this happened! We picked up a little Westie puppy! 😀 Meet Maisy! I love her so much already!
3) I was quickly reminded how EVERYTHING needs to be out of the way of puppies!
4) Having dog things around the house has made me all happy inside (and outside!) 🙂
5) We also had a play with our new instant camera. I love the look of these photos!
6) I finished our American Journey scrapbook/ photo album. Blog post to follow!
7) I have picked the fabric I would like to use for my next dress as I know that I haven’t sewn for a while. However, the pattern of the fabric runs against the grain line so I’m not sure whether to risk the make or not?! I seem to think that it will sag at the bottom slightly over time. Any advice would be great!
If you are here for the first time… I’m going to give you the low down on the Sunday Sevens blog series. Each week, we do things that don’t necessarily warrant a full blog post. You may have made a nice meal, grabbed some bargains on a shopping trip, had a family day out, spotted some beautiful scenery or just done something you feel you want to share. A Sunday Sevens blog post is the place to share those things. You take 7 images from your week and post them every Sunday with a small description. Tag your post using #sundaysevens on your blog and social media. I also pin the posts onto the Sunday Sevens Pinterest Board.
19 thoughts on “Sunday Sevens #26”
Aaw, Maisy is beautiful! Congrats on the new puppy.
Thanks! She is just lovely 😀
Maisy is adorable! I love dogs and she looks so fun.
She is adorable! And very fun! 😀
Love Maisie. I am saving for a westie myself.
They are the best breed of dog ever… well I think so anyway!
Aw the ears on your pup! Adorable! Keep your patterns well hidden!!
I’m sure she has her adult ears already! Yes…everything has been moved! 😀
A puppy, how lovely – she’s got that innocent “it wasn’t me” look about her! Regarding your fabric dilemma, as long as the pattern isn’t on the bias, you should be fine. You can normally cut at 90 degrees to the grain line with no visible difference to drape:)
Yes she has definitely got that look about her!
Thank you for the fabric advice! I think I just worry about things that I advent done before…I’m going to cut it out this week! :-0
Yeah, I think it should be fine–I’ve done this many times with border prints and directional prints.
You’re new addition is so cute, I’d be making him neckerchiefs to match the rest of the family if he were mine! 😃
Ha…I’ve already been researching doggy outfits even though Adam doesn’t approve!
Yay! I’m so happy for you and your new addition to the family! And, yeah, better puppy-proof your house ASAP, especially your shoes (speaking from painful experience here!)
Thanks 🙂 Yes…all shoes have been moved to higher places already! She seems to like Adam’s laces!
Hi and welcome cute Maisy! 🙂 Does the name have a special meaning? Wish you guys all the best with and for her. Best, Jana
Thank you 🙂 Maisy doesn’t have a special meaning…we just thought it was cute 🙂
Love the fabric you’ve chosen for your next dress, have you made a start yet? Exciting that the house sale is going through, I’m keeping my fingers crossed x
Thanks 🙂 I’ve made a start and the pattern matching was a nightmare – I think it might need to be a dress that is worn under a jumper!